Dahongpao Tea Gift Set. Handcrafted Da Hong Pao from Wuyi Mountains Fujian, China. One Gift Set – 160 grams.
About DA HONG PAO Tea
Da Hong Pao is the origin of Oolong tea, a semi-fermented tea. Considered a national treasure in China, DA HONG PAO comes with a mythical origin story. Of the six types of tea, Oolong tea-making is the most intricate and complex, making Oolong’s traditional handcrafted technique, a highly celebrated art form in China. Here are some key facts:
- One can of 20 grams of Da Hong Pao tea (harvested from the Mother Trees in Wuyishan) was enshrined in China’s National Museum in Beijing on October 10, 2007.
- China awarded Wuyishan’s Oolong artisanal tea-making technique a national cultural heritage status in 2006. Oolong is the only tea-making tradition to have earned such an honor.
- Twenty grams of Da Hong Pao tea, from the final harvest of the Mother Trees in Wuyishan, sold in a Hong Kong auction at approximately US$21,000, or US$32,600 per ounce, which was 75 times more than the price of gold then! Da Hong Pao ranks the world’s most expensive tea ever sold.
The legend of Da Hong Pao is so famous it inspired an animated sequence in the documentary film 9 DRAGONS TEA.
Other Exclusive Handcrafted Wuyi Rock Tea / Oolong Teas
If you love rare, exquisite Oolong teas from Wuyishan, check out other Supreme Oolong teas from heritage tea masters in our store:
About Jiaye Resort – An Exclusive Tea Destination
Produced from tea trees grown in the resort land in Wuyi Mountains, this superior DA HONG PAO Oolong tea gift set is one-of-a-kind. Situated next to a creek, Jiaye is an upscale Zen Tea resort destination in China’s finest tea region. A relaxing escape surrounded by tea fields, complemented by a tea museum, upscale cafe, and tea-making demonstration on the premise.
Why Wuyi Tea Is Supreme
There are over 800 tea varietals in the Wuyishan region. The over-abundance of tea plant varietals makes Wuyishan the “heart of tea.”
Have you ever heard of the famous poem 7-Cup by Lu Tong from the Tang Dynasty (about two thousand years ago)? Legend has it the poet tasted Wuyi Rock tea. Impressed by its long-lasting brew and exquisite taste, Lu Tong coined the term “Rock’s milk” and immortalized Wuyi Rock tea with the most celebrated tea poem in Chinese history.
The greatest plant-hunter, tea raider ever lived, Robert Fortune called Wuyishan the “land of tea,” where he smuggled the finest tea-seeds, tea-plants, and tea-making secrets from Wuyishan to India. Fortune’s tea-raid in China makes a great final chapter in the film. Learn more about how tea came to India.
Only one gift box available. Total 160 grams. There are 20 pouches at 8 grams per pouch.
Chinese tea connoisseurs taste tea with 8 grams per brew.
Have you heard of Gong Fu Cha? Or Kung Fu Tea, Kung Fu Cha? The Buddhist monks invented Oolong tea and created the Zen Tea Ceremony or Zen Cha to taste Oolong. And this ancient tea tasting ritual is still in practice today. Be sure to drop in at the Mother Temple to witness this amazing ceremony if you ever travel to Wuyishan. We enjoyed capturing this dramatic tea ritual in the film.
Also, one of the signature characteristics of Wuyi Oolong tea is its long-lasting brew. Usually, the third brew is the best. However, Wuyi Rock tea still tastes good after the 7th brew for me.
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE.
Every dollar generated from our store helps us promote the film 9 DRAGONS TEA and our Learn Tea History School Project. So thank you in advance for your support. As a token of our appreciation, you will also receive the following complimentary gifts:
- One signed 9 DRAGONS TEA CLUB Certificate from the director as a club charter member.
- One private screening (in-home), followed by a tea talk and Q&A session with the film’s director via Zoom.
- One signed official movie poster by the director.
Thank you for your support! Happy sipping.
*** Important Note ***
Our merchandise is non-refundable. So please consider and review all purchases carefully before placing an order. Thank you very much for your understanding and support.